Holy Cross Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in Maryland. Founded nearly 50 years ago in 1963 by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Cross, today Holy Cross Hospital is a 442-bed, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit teaching hospital caring for more than 196,000 patients each year. The Holy Cross Hospital Cancer Institute cares for more than 1,000 cancer inpatients annually, more than any other hospital in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. Patients receive academic-level care in a community setting through the hospital’s participation in prevention, early detection and treatment clinical trials sponsored by various government agencies, universities and foundations.
- The project consisted of creating a comprehensive cancer patient resource guide contained in a three-ring binder. The binder’s contents include information pertaining to coping with cancer, a health care calendar, Holy Cross Hospital and cancer resources in the community, a glossary of terms and more. Certain components of the binder were designed to be customizable to the particular type of cancer a patient receives.
- Special binders were custom ordered to fit Graphcom Creative and Holy Cross Hospital’s design for the material. Graphcom, Inc. secured the services of a third-party vendor to custom produce the binder cover.
- The custom printed binder features a transparent binder cover that highlights the artwork underneath the cover. The binder cover was imprinted with the Holy Cross Hospital Cancer Institute logo.
- Printed tabs organize information inside the binder while reinforced plastic pouches inside the binder holding meeting notes, appointment reminder cards and other relevant information.
- Graphcom Creative managed design and layout for the inner content pages.